TMACOG Gets ARRA Projects Approved - Beating the Deadline
More than $11.7 million dollars in transportation projects has been approved by the federal stimulus program and will be spent for 15 projects in Lucas and Wood counties.
ODOT notified TMACOG on February 3 that $11,755,512 of ARRA funds sub-allocated to TMACOG for programming of projects in Lucas and Wood counties have been approved for obligation by the Federal Highway Administration. These projects were selected as priorities, submitted to ODOT, evaluated, approved, and are now confirmed. TMACOG and regional partners worked quickly to beat the deadline of March 1 to meet the federal obligation.
These projects advance the transportation system for our region, moving ahead with plans for several projects that, without the federal stimulus, might have waited for funding for several years. TMACOG’s regional list was arrived at in conjunction with the state plans administered by ODOT, with a focus on projects such as intermodal facilities that will advance the economic development of the region.
The fifteen projects funded through the TMACOG ARRA $11,755,512 allocation are:
- City of Oregon - Wheeling Ave. widening and bridge replacement from Navarre Ave. to Pickle Rd.
(part of $9 million project)
- City of Oregon - intersection improvement Coy/Starr Aves.
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority - dry bulk handling system at the port terminal
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority - reconstruction George Hardy Dr. from John Carey Dr. to St. Lawrence Dr.
- Lucas County - traffic signalization upgrades at 13 different intersections in County
- City of Maumee - resurfacing Illinois Ave. from Ford St. to Conant St.
- City of Bowling Green - resurfacing North Main St. from Clay St. to Dill Ave.
- City of Rossford - downtown streetlighting
- City of Northwood - intersection improvement Curtice/Bradner Rds.
- City of Toledo - reconstruction Secor Rd. from Monroe St. to Laskey Rd.
- City of Toledo - resurfacing Telegraph Rd. from Alexis Rd. to the Michigan state line
- City of Toledo - resurfacing Detroit Ave. from I-75 at Monroe St. to Central Ave.
- City of Toledo - resurfacing Michigan Ave. from Lafayette to Madison Aves.
- City of Toledo - resurfacing Hill Ave. from Westwood Ave. to Detroit Ave.
(part of Airline Junction Rail Yard project)
- City of Toledo - resurfacing South Ave. from Airport Hwy. to Detroit Ave.