Register Now for the Ohio Conference on Freight
Now is the time to register for the Ohio Conference on Freight, to be held Tuesday & Wednesday, September 14-15 at the Hilton Toledo and Dana Conference Center. Room reservations confirmed by September 3 will qualify for the conference discount rate at the Hilton.
Workshop topics will cover all of Ohio from the Ohio River to the Great Lakes with several topics of particular interest to the agricultural segment of our economy. The agenda for the conference includes 21 educational sessions, a tour of the National Gateway Northwest Ohio Intermodal Terminal in North Baltimore, a fun-money casino night reception and more. Click here for the complete agenda.
Plenary session speakers include:
- Orlando Gotay, Deputy Administrator, Maritime Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Jolene Molitoris, Director of the Ohio Department of Transportation
- Jack Basso, Director of Program Finance and Management, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- Stuart G. Hoffman, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Global Container Changes and Midwest Impacts
- Basic Supply Chain Management
- Cross-border Freight Planning and Coordination
- Update on the Heartland Corridor and Rickenbacker Inland Port
- Shipping Opportunities on the Ohio River
- Translating the International Supply Chain to a Regional Audience
- Intermodal Border Trucking Activity
- Greening the Supply Chain – the Future of Biofuels
- The Movement of Agricultural Products in the State of Ohio
* CM certification has been applied for and is expected. Call 419.241.9155 ext 120 for details.
- Professional/Continuing Education credits are available. Certified Planners who attend the 2010 conference are eligible for Certification Maintenance (CM) credits.* Professional Engineers can claim CPDs.
- Casino Night Reception, with games and a caricature artist, is Tuesday evening, following the tour of the intermodal terminal.