2035 Plan –Update 2011 Summary Published
What will the transportation system in our region look like in 24 years? TMACOG planners and a wide range of stakeholders have outlined the projects, initiatives and policies that will guide future investment in our multimodal system.
Our region’s long range transportation plan is the “On the Move: 2007-2035 Transportation Plan.” TMACOG is mandated to create a long range plan and to update it every four years to keep federal transportation funds working here to maintain transportation infrastructure. The update process is a review of the established projects and overall goals and modification of the plan as needed. The 2011 Update was approved in June and a summary has now been published. Interested people can request a printed copy of the summary booklet from Diane Reamer-Evans at 419.241.9155 ext. 117 or download the summary PDF here. The full report is available here (large PDF).
The 2035 Plan-Update 2011 is based on seven goals for our region and transportation system:
- Safety and efficiency. Be designed and operated to promote safe and efficient travel across all modes
- System preservation. Protect the region’s investment by maintaining and preserving the existing system
- Environment. Protect and sustain community and natural environments
- Passenger. Be a top quality multimodal passenger transportation hub
- Freight. Be a world-class multimodal freight transportation hub
- Research. Be a center of transportation research and innovation
- Funding. Be successful in obtaining adequate funding for transportation facilities