New Regional Public Works Association
Guest article by Amy J. Wood, Commissioner of Special Projects, City of Toledo
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has recently established the Northwest Ohio Branch chapter. The northwest Ohio chapter includes the following counties: Allen, Auglaize, Crawford, Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Hancock, Hardin, Henry, Huron, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Van Wert, Williams, Wood and Wyandot.
We would like TMACOG members to consider joining the APWA if they are not already members. The benefits of membership are vast. Some are listed below:
• Sharing common goals, challenges and solutions with other public works professionals
• Participate in local chapter and branch programs, meetings and social activities – often at reduced pricing compared to non-member rates. Membership in your local chapter is automatically included with national membership (additional chapter and/or branch dues may apply in some areas)
• Gain exposure to more than 26,500 public works professionals, opening up opportunities for your future
• Tap into experience of other members with practical resources
• Promote professional excellence
• The best education and training in public works, covering all disciplines and management topics is free of charge to members. The Members’ Library is available 24/7 and provides members with the opportunity to earn CEUs and PDHs
• Save money on publications and resources on all the subjects you need, plus discounts on professional training from our education affiliates Vista, PSMJ
and Excel Visual
• Receive alerts on hot topics in public works, including important issues in Washington, D.C. that affect you and your community
• Utilize your right to vote and hold office at the local or national level of the association
We cordially invite you to attend our monthly meetings. The next meeting will be Wednesday, November 20 at 10 a.m. at the City of Oregon offices, 5330 Seaman Road, Oregon, OH. If you are able to attend, please RSVP to Amy Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to serving you.