Millions to Northwest Ohio Transportation Projects
On September 26, ODOT’s Transportation Review and Advisory Council (TRAC) met and approved the “Final 2014-2017 Major New Program List” of projects. The list includes the projects previously approved by the Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission (OTIC) to be financed with turnpike bonds. The final list of projects approved in the TMACOG planning area includes the following:
• McCord Road grade separation; $31.6 million estimate, TRAC allocates $3.3 million, FY 2014 start construction
• I-75 widening from SR 199/SR 25 (Perrysburg) to CR 99 (Findlay); $195.4 million estimate, $193 million TRAC (OTIC bonds), FY 14 start construction
• I-75/I-475 Interchange upgrade phase 2 (Jeep Split); $175.9 million estimate, $163 million TRAC ( OTIC bonds), FY 15 start construction
• I-75 widening from Phillips to I-280; $51 million estimate, $45 million TRAC (OTIC bonds), FY 15 start construction
• I-475/US 20 interchange upgrade (Central Ave. interchange); $59 million estimate, $44.0 million TRAC ( OTIC bonds), FY 15 start construction
The total cost of the above projects is $512.9 million with a TRAC funding commitment of $448.3 million programmed for 2014 and 2015 fiscal year construction. Of the total $970 million available from the sale of OTIC bonds, $422.9 million will be committed to projects in the TMACOG MPO planning area of Lucas and Wood counties.