Industry Leaders Steer Ohio Conference on Freight
The 2014 Ohio Conference on Freight brings top industry leaders to Columbus for timely, expert presentations and panel discussions. Register by August 20 for best rates.
Transportation, Logistics, and Trade Policy
• Douglas George, Consul General, Consulate General of Canada, Detroit; and Flavio Díaz Mirón Álvarez, Minister for North America, ProMexico, discuss the achievements of NAFTA at 20 years, and forecast the future of the tri-lateral agreement.
• Robert Voltmann, President and CEO of Transportation Intermediaries Association, provides an up-to-the-minute assessment of federal transportation legislation and its impact on carriers, shippers, and 3PLs.
• Frederick "Bud" Wright is the Executive Director of AASHTO and former top executive at the Federal Highway Administration. He will discuss infrastructure funding and forecast developments in the nation's freight infrastructure.
Planning and Economic Development
• Supply chain solutions are presented by Mike Dolan, President of Best Transport; Jonathan Gemmen, Location Consultant for Austin Consulting; and David Whitaker, Vice President Business Development for Rickenbacker Inland Port.
• Leaders of metropolitan and rural planning agencies describe the complexities of building and maintaining supply chain routes across regional and state borders.
• Ohio’s shale is changing the production and demand for energy in the state and the nation. Learn how shale is processed and sent to market and hear projections for future growth.
• Betty Sutton, Administrator of the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, reviews the present capacity and future development of the Great Lakes Seaway System.
• Michael J. Toohey, President and CEO of Waterways Council Inc., joins with Jeff Carman of American Commercial Lines to explain the significance of the new Waterways Resource and Restoration Development Act.
• Learn about what to expect from the Panama Canal expansion.
Rail and Intermodal
• Tour the CSX Intermodal Terminal and learn about their National Gateway Project – a public-private partnership linking East Coast ports with Midwest markets through continuous double-stack train lines.
• Management from CSX and NS join together with retail giant Scotts Miracle-Gro to describe how to use rail and intermodal systems to get to markets.
• Kevin Burch, Vice Chairman of American Trucking Associations and President of Jet Express, Inc., looks at the human element – training and keeping drivers.
• Representatives from HNTB and Gannett Fleming talk about Jason’s Law and how parking technology can address hours of service and rest period requirements.
There is much more to the conference – more workshops and keynote presentations, tours, and networking opportunities. See the complete agenda here.
Don’t forget, the best rate for the conference expires August 20.
Early Bird Rate: $250 (through August 20)
Standard Rate: $300 (August 21 - September 5)
Note that early bird hotel rates may expire earlier than August 20 depending on occupancy. Make room accommodations directly with the Hyatt as early as possible for best rates.
For questions or help with registration contact Conference Manager Jodi Cole: 419.241.9155 ext. 120.
The Ohio Conference on Freight is a project of the Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments in association with the Ohio Department of Transportation and the National Association of Regional Councils. Additional support is provided by The JobsOhio Network.
Amerijet International, Inc.
Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth
Government of Canada
Dayton Development Coalition
Dickinson Wright PLLC
HDR Engineering, Inc.
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Ohio Association of Regional Councils
Regional Growth Partnership
Rickenbacker Inland Port
Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
The University of Toledo Intermodal Transportation Institute & University