Construction Summary and Forecast
Northwest Ohio saw a very busy road construction year in 2013 and the completion of several large-scale projects in our region. A few of the major projects completed last year include:
• Phase 1 of the I-75/I-475 systems interchange in downtown Toledo
• Complete repaving of the busiest part of Secor Rd. in Toledo
• Complete repaving of Main St. in Bowling Green
• Construction of the Wales Rd. grade separation in Northwood
• A new roundabout at Sylvania/Mitchaw in western Lucas County
• I-475 safety projects on ramps at both Corey Rd. and Talmadge Rd.
The list of projects for next year is now taking shape. Some that will have a significant impact on regional travel include:
• Grade separation at McCord Rd. in Sylvania Township/Holland
• I-75 widening in Wood County from Devil’s Hole Rd. in Middleton Township south into Hancock County
• Rehabilitation of I-75 from Central Ave. to Dorr St. in Toledo
• Ramp reconfiguration at the US 23/I-475 systems interchange in Sylvania Township
• Re-decking and repair of the Anthony Wayne Bridge. ODOT estimates that the bridge will be closed for 19 months. This link has more details.