Summer Caucuses and Forum with State Lawmakers
A large panel of elected officials have accepted the invitation to attend TMACOG’s 2016 Summer Caucuses and Forum with State Lawmakers. This year’s event is Thursday, August 4, 8:30 a.m. to noon. It will be held at the Penta Career Center in Perrysburg.
Active participation by members makes caucus sessions valuable information-sharing events. Often, challenges raised by members lead to advice or regional partnerships. Questions raised in the caucus can be immediately addressed to elected officials at the forum which follows.
Registration and networking begins at 8:30 a.m. The business program begins at 9 a.m. with separate caucus sessions for counties, cities, villages, townships, school districts & colleges/universities, special districts & authorities, and non-governmental members. The forum with lawmakers will be 10:30 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee to attend but please register to reserve your place at the caucus and forum. Contact Jennifer Allen at 419.241.9155, ext. 107 by Friday, July 29. If you have topics or questions for state lawmakers, you can share them when you register.
Legislators confirmed for the forum:
• Sen. Edna Brown – 11th District, Ohio
• Sen. Cliff Hite – 1st District, Ohio
• Sen. Randy Gardner – 2nd District, Ohio
• Rep. Steve Arndt – 89th District, Ohio
• Rep. Bill LaVoy – 17th District, Michigan
• Rep. Robert McColley – 81st District, Ohio
• Rep. Bill Reineke – 88th District, Ohio
• Rep. Mike Sheehy – 46th District, Ohio
• Rep. Jason Sheppard – 56th District, Michigan
Thank you to Penta Career Center for their support of the summer caucus and legislators forum.