We are working on a plan for better
(official comment period closed March 20, 2015, but we are still happy to hear from you
transportation in our region!
Check out the Plan
>>Download the PDF Plan Summary (published December, 2016) NEW
>>Click to the highlights
>>Click to complete a comment questionaire
>>Click to comment via e-mail
>>Click to see environmental review maps
>>Click to preview the executive summary
What is the 2045 Plan? “On the Move: 2015-2045 Transportation Plan" will be the prioritized list of projects, initiatives, and policies that will guide transportation investment in the Toledo metropolitan area (Lucas and Wood counties in Ohio, and southern Monroe County in Michigan).
TMACOG develops this required 5-year update under the leadership of the TMACOG Transportation Planning Committee. The plan was ompleted at the end of 2015.
The plan will focus on addressing the region's needs and opportunities. It is based on eight goals:
1. Safety: Reduce traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries across all modes.
2. Infrastructure condition: Maintain and improve the transportation system to a state of good repair.
3. Congestion reduction: Reduce congestion on the National Highway System (NHS)
4. System reliability: Improve the efficiency of the surface transportation system.
5. Freight movement: Strengthen freight access to national and international trade markets to support economic development
6. Environmental sustainability: Protect and enhance the community and natural environments.
7. Project delivery: Expedite project delivery to maximize effective use of public funds.
8. Personal mobility: Improve the quality, accessibility, and efficiency of the multimodal personal transportation system.
In spring of 2014, we asked you, the public, about your transportation needs and concerns:
• We held ten public meetings
• We conducted opinion surveys
>>Click here to see what we learned
For more information on the 2045 Plan or how you can get involved, call 419.241.9155 ext. 117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.