We are working on a plan for better
transportation in our region!
Check out the Full Plan or Summary
>>Environmental review maps
What is the 2045 Plan? “On the Move: 2015-2045 Transportation Plan" is the prioritized list of projects, initiatives, and policies that will guide transportation investment in the Toledo metropolitan area (Lucas and Wood counties in Ohio, and southern Monroe County in Michigan).
TMACOG develops this required 5-year update under the leadership of the TMACOG Transportation Planning Committee.
The plan focus's on addressing the region's needs and opportunities. It is based on eight goals:
1. Safety: Reduce traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries across all modes.
2. Infrastructure condition: Maintain and improve the transportation system to a state of good repair.
3. Congestion reduction: Reduce congestion on the National Highway System (NHS)
4. System reliability: Improve the efficiency of the surface transportation system.
5. Freight movement: Strengthen freight access to national and international trade markets to support economic development
6. Environmental sustainability: Protect and enhance the community and natural environments.
7. Project delivery: Expedite project delivery to maximize effective use of public funds.
8. Personal mobility: Improve the quality, accessibility, and efficiency of the multimodal personal transportation system.
To prepare for On The Move 2015 - 2045 Transportation Plan we asked about transportation needs and concerns:
• We held ten public meetings
• We conducted opinion surveys
>> What we learned
For more information on the 2045 Plan or how you can get involved, call 419.241.9155 ext. 1117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.